AWARD-WINNING RETIREMENT COMMUNITY SUPPORTS WORLD ALZHEIMER’S DAY
ANNOUNCEMENT – 21/09/2021
On the 21st of September, organisations around the globe joined forces to mark World Alzheimer’s Day. With someone developing Alzheimer’s every 65 seconds (and 50 million people living with dementia worldwide), this special day is designed to help educate and encourage support.
Closer to home, residents at local retirement community – Grove Place – recently embarked on a fundraising effort to generate donations for valuable research. Led by resident Fred Tickle (whose wife Patti passed away last year after a long battle with Alzheimer’s), who comments: “We are very privileged here at Grove Place to have such wonderful support and a generous community.” He was joined in his mission by two of the community’s premier organisers, Mike Lemon and Gail Ashworth, the stage was set for the fundraising to begin.
Gail used her extensive needlework and design skills to create a range of face masks to sell to residents and staff in the Village. Mike, a skilled and enthusiastic musician, arranged cultural events to generate funds including ‘Uke’n Eat Too’.
Richard Powell, General Manager of Grove Place Village, comments, “Grove Place is very proud to support Alzheimer’s UK. Alzheimer’s (and dementia) impacts people – both young and old – and the charity does an amazing job of supporting them.”
This fundraising activity, coupled with magnanimous and generous donations from residents of Grove Place Village, resulted in the grand total of £1,242, which will be presented virtually to Georgi Welch of Alzheimer’s UK on World Alzheimer’s Day, with Cllr Cooper, Mayor of Test Valley in attendance.
For further details on Alzheimer’s Day, please view https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/get-involved/world-alzheimers-month. For further details on Grove Place and the exceptional retirement lifestyle available, please contact Wendy Griffith on T. 02380 743 592.
Grove Place Village, Upton Lane, Nursling, Hampshire SO16 0XY
Notes to editors:
• For more information on Grove Place please visit www.groveplace.co.uk.
• Grove Place’s full address is – Upton Lane, Nursling, Hampshire SO16 0XY.
• Owner and operator, LifeCare Residences (LCR), is an international retirement Village operator with communities in New Zealand and the United Kingdom.
• Founded by New Zealander, Cliff Cook, the LCR business model has been developed over a 35-year involvement in the sector.
• LCR takes a fresh approach to providing housing for people over the age of 60, offering residents an independent lifestyle in their own home, with access to an extensive range of high-quality facilities and 24-hour nursing care and emergency assistance, if required.
• LCR retirement Villages are of 5-star quality, where residents purchase a long-term lease, allowing them exclusive use of the amenities.
• In the United Kingdom, LCR owns and operates Grove Place in Hampshire, Battersea Place – London’s first luxury retirement community and Somerleigh Court in Dorchester.
• LCR is a founding member of the Associated Retirement Community Operators (ARCO), representing the retirement community sector in the United Kingdom.